On this week’s Hear in the City, we launch a new series called Two Wheels and a Mic by checking in with artist, educator, and bicycle activist Patrick Miller about an incident in Los Angeles that made national news last week when 11 cyclists were injured by an alleged drunk driver. And arts editor Jesse Lerner reviews James Benning‘s newest film titled, simply “RR” (for railroad). Benning is a long-time figure in Los Angeles experimental film, best known for meticulous timing of 10-minute-long shots –the length of an unedited 16mm film reel– and striking landscapes of California.
- Don Ward’s re-enactment of the Baldwin Hills overlook Collision: blind curve test
- Protesting the police investigation: on KTLA
- Midnight Ridazz links to surrounding events and information: Midnight Ridazz
- Bikeside L.A. update on the victims of the crash: Crash Update
- Los Angeles Critical Mass